The Hovey Players are pleased to announce auditions for their January 2014 production of Next Fall by Geoffrey Nuaffts
Directed by Russell Greene
Produced by Michelle Aguillon, Kimmerie Jones, Jason Rutledge
Sunday, November 17 at 7pm
Monday, November 18 at 7pm
If needed, Callbacks will be held on Tuesday, November 19 at 7pm
Auditions will be held at Hovey Players (click here for directions).
Luke believes in God and love. Adam believes in witty remarks and ???
NEXT FALL portrays the ups and downs of this unlikely couple’s five-year relationship, and when an accident changes everything, Adam must turn to and deal with Luke’s family and friends. Told in flashback, NEXT FALL takes a witty and provocative look at faith, commitment and unconditional love. While the play’s central story focuses on the five-year relationship between Adam and Luke, NEXT FALL goes beyond a typical love story. This timely and compelling piece forces us all to examine what it means to “believe” and what it might cost us to wait for that ‘next fall’ that may never come…
- Adam: 40’s, An atheistic self absorbed substitute teacher whose entire ‘witty remark filled’ world gets shaken to its core.
- Luke: mid to late 20’s, a devout and deeply conflicted Christian, an aspiring actor
- Holly: 30’s Luke’s friend and owner of the candle shop where Luke works, she knows him best.
- Brandon: late 20’s, a bit of a cipher, Luke’s closest and longest friend who has been distant lately.
- Arlene: 50’s, Luke’s mostly AWOL guilt ridden mother who knows more about Luke’s life than she lets on…
- Butch: 50’s, gruff but pious, loves his son, Luke, but doesn’t really know him or his life at all…
Cold Readings from sides available at auditions. Performance dates January 17-February 1, 2014.
Questions? Contact director at Rrgreenester@gmail.com